Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Matter-wave localization in a weakly perturbed optical lattice
- Hubei Normal Univ
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Education Department of Hubei, China
- Education Department of Hubei, China: D200722003
- Education Department of Hubei, China: Z200722001
- By numerical solution and variational approximation of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation, we studied the localization of a noninteracting and weakly interacting Bose-Einstein condensate in a weakly perturbed optical lattice in one and three dimensions. The perturbation achieved through a weak delocalizing expulsive or a linear potential as well as a weak localizing harmonic potential removes the periodicity of the optical lattice and leads to localization. We also studied some dynamics of the localized state confirming its stability.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 84, n. 5, p. 7, 2011.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.