Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ultracold collisions between two light indistinguishable diatomic molecules: Elastic and rotational energy transfer in HD plus HD
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- St Cloud State Univ
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) of St. Cloud State University
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- A close coupling quantum-mechanical calculation is performed for rotational energy transfer in a HD + HD collision at very low energy, down to the ultracold temperatures: T similar to 10(-8) K. A global six-dimensional H-2-H-2 potential-energy surface is adopted from a previous work [Boothroyd et al., J. Chem. Phys. 116, 666 (2002)]. State-resolved integral cross sections sigma(ij -> i'j')(epsilon(kin)) of different quantum-mechanical rotational transitions ij -> i'j' in the HD molecules and corresponding state-resolved thermal rate coefficients k(ij -> i'j')(T) have been computed. Additionally, for comparison, H-2 + H-2 calculations for a few selected rotational transitions have also been performed. The hydrogen and deuterated hydrogen molecules are treated as rigid rotors in this work. A pronounced isotope effect is identified in the cross sections of these collisions at low and ultracold temperatures.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 85, n. 5, p. 9, 2012.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.