Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dipolar Bose-Einstein condensate in a ring or in a shell
- Adhikari, Sadhan Kumar
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We study properties of a trapped dipolar Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) in a circular ring or a spherical shell using the mean-field Gross-Pitaevskii equation. In the case of the ring-shaped trap we consider different orientations of the ring with respect to the polarization direction of the dipoles. In the presence of long-range anisotropic dipolar and short-range contact interactions, the anisotropic density distribution of the dipolar BEC in both traps is discussed in detail. The stability condition of the dipolar BEC in both traps is illustrated in a phase plot of dipolar and contact interactions. We also study and discuss the properties of a vortex dipolar BEC in these traps.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 85, n. 5, p. 7, 2012.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.