Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anomalous diffusion of pions at RHIC
- ELTE Dept. Atomic Phys.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- RMKI KFKI MTA
- After pointing out the difference between normal and anomalous diffusion, we consider a hadron resonance cascade (HRC) model simulation for particle emission at RHIC and point out that rescattering in an expanding hadron resonance gas leads to a heavy tail in the source distribution. The results are compared to recent PHENIX measurements of the tail of the particle emitting source in Au+Au collisions at RHIC. In this context, we show how can one distinguish experimentally the anomalous diffusion of hadrons from a second order QCD phase transition.
- Brazilian Journal of Physics. Sociedade Brasileira de Física, v. 37, n. 3a, p. 1002-1013, 2007.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Física
- Anomalous diffusion
- Stable distributions
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.