Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preparation of hierarchically structured porous aluminas by a dual soft template method
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- A general and potentially easy method of synthesizing aluminas possessing hierarchical pore structure is presented in this paper. This method is based on the integration of the sol-gel process with micelles of poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(propylene oxide)-poly(ethylene oxide) block copolymer and oil droplets of decahydronaftalen (DHN) as dual pore templates. With the addition of n-pentanol as co-surfactant, DHN droplets diameter could be controlled within the range of ca. 2-12 mu m. Mercury intrusion porosimetry shows that the produced alumina ceramics possess hierarchical structure composed of two families of pores, namely, the macro- (from 0.1 to 6 mu m) and mesopores (from 8 to 10 nm). The relative population of each family and the average size of macropores could be easily controlled by adjusting the DHN quantity. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 132, n. 1-2, p. 268-275, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Macro-mesoporous aluminas
- Sol-gel and template
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.