Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effect of the excess of bismuth on the morphology and properties of the BaBi2Nb2O9 thin films
- Ctr Tecnol Informação Renato Archer
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In this study, the effect of bismuth content on the crystal structure, morphology and electric properties of barium bismuth niobate (BaBi2Nb2O9) thin films was explored with the aid of X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microcopy (SEM), atomic force microscopy (AFM) and dielectric properties. BaBi2Nb2O9 (BBN) thin films have been successfully prepared by the polymeric precursor methods and deposited by spin coating on Pt/Ti/SiO2/Si (100) substrates. The phase formation, the grain size and morphology of the thin films were influenced by the addition of bismuth in excess. It was observed that the formation of single phase BBN for films was prepared with excess of bismuth up to 2 wt%. The films prepared with excess of the bismuth showed higher grain size and better dielectric properties. The 2 wt% bismuth excess BBN thin film exhibited dielectric constant of about 335 with a loss of 0.049 at a frequency of 100 kHz at room temperature. (c) 2009 Elsevier Ltd and Techna Group S.r.l. All fights reserved.
- Ceramics International. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 35, n. 8, p. 3143-3146, 2009.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Grain size
- Dielectric properties
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.