Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dependence of the nonlinear electrical behavior of SnO2-based varistors on Cr2O3 addition
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Tin dioxide varistors doped with Coo, ZnO, Ta2O5 and Cr2O3 were prepared by the mixed oxide method. Temperature dependent impedance spectroscopy revealed two different activation energies, one at low frequencies and the other at high frequencies. These activation energies were associated with the adsorption and reaction of O-2 species at the grain boundary interface. We show that Cr2O3 improves the varistor properties, generating sites for the adsorption of O' and O at the grain boundary region. The O' and O defects are truly responsible for the barrier formation at the grain boundary interface. (c) 2005 Elsevier Ltd and Techna Group S.r.l. All rights reserved.
- Ceramics International. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 33, n. 2, p. 187-192, 2007.
- Elsevier B.V.
- tin dioxide
- impedance spectroscopy
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.