Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ferroelectric and dielectric properties of Ba0.5Sr0.5(Ti0.80Sn0.20)O-3 thin films grown by the soft chemical method
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Estadual Ponta Grossa
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Polycrystalline Ba0.5Sr0.5(Ti0.80Sn0.20)O-3 (BST:Sn) thin films with a perovskite structure were prepared by the soft chemical method on a platinum-coated silicon substrate from spin-coating technique. The resulting thin films showed a dense structure with uniform grain size distribution. The dielectric constant of the films estimated from C-V curve is around 1134 and can be ascribed to a reduction in the oxygen vacancy concentration. The ferroelectric nature of the film indicated by butterfly-shaped C-V curves and confirmed by the hysteresis curve, showed remnant polarization of 14 mu C/cm(2) and coercive field of 74 kV/cm at frequency of 1 MHz. At the same frequency, the leakage current density at 1.0 V is equal to 1.5 x 10(-7) A/cm(2). This work clearly reveals the highly promising potential of BST:Sn for application in memory devices. (c) 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry. San Diego: Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V., v. 179, n. 10, p. 2972-2976, 2006.
- Elsevier B.V.
- film deposition
- space charge effects
- thin films
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.