Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The role of structural order-disorder for visible intense photoluminescence in the BaZr0.5Ti0.5O3 thin films
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Federal do Piauí (UFPI)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The nature of the intense visible room temperature photoluminescence of BaZr0.5Ti0.5O3 non-crystalline thin films is discussed in the light of experimental results and theoretical calculations. The photoluminescence measurements reveal that the emission intensity changes with the degree of disorder in the BaZr0.5Ti0.5O3 lattice. First principles quantum mechanical techniques, based on density functional theory at B3LYP level, have been employed to study the electronic structure of a crystalline model and of structurally disordered models in order to detect the influence of disorder on the electronic structure. An analysis of the electronic charge distribution reveals local polarization in the disordered structures. The relevance of the present theoretical and experimental results on the photoluminescence behavior of BZT is discussed. (C) 2005 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Chemical Physics. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 316, n. 1-3, p. 260-266, 2005.
- Elsevier B.V.
- electronic structure
- ab initio calculations
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.