Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Laüe back-reflection method for crystallographic orientation of a martensitic Cu-Zn-Al single crystal of the monoclinic system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universitat de Barcelona Dept. Ciência dels Materials y Enginyeria Metal-lúrgica CPT Thermal spray Center
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 01/11836-5
- CNPq: 300343/04
- A martensitic single crystal Cu-23.95Zn-3.62(wt.%)Al alloy was obtained melting pure Cu, Zn and Al using Bridgman's method. The martensitic phase (monoclinic) can present up to 24 variants, and orienting the surface according to a certain plane is a very hard task. The single crystal was submitted to 8 tons of tension (stress) along the longitudinal direction to reduce the number of variants and facilitate the surface orientation according to the desired plane. This single crystal was oriented using the Laüe back-reflection method to give surfaces with the following oriented crystallographic planes: (010), (120) and (130). It was observed that the tension stress was applied along the  direction.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 31, n. 1, p. 154-159, 2008.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- single crystal orientation
- copper-based alloy
- Laüe back-reflection method
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.