Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structural XANES characterization of Ca0.99Sm0.01TiO3 perovskite and correlation with photoluminescence emission
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Univ Estadual N Fluminen
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- University of Saskatchewan
- In this work, CaTiO3:Sm (CT:Sm) were prepared by a soft chemical processing at different annealing temperatures starting with a disordered structure and reaching an ordered one, with the propose to understand the relationship between structural order-disorder and photoluminescence emission. The samples were characterized by titanium K-edge, Titanium L-II and L-III-edge XANES, electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) and photoluminescence (PL) measurements. XANES results clearly point the presence of local distortion in [TiO6] octahedral clusters until the crystallization was completed. The interactions of the network clusters that form the CT:Sm structures provides favorable structural and electronic conditions for the appearance of PL phenomena. (C) 2012 Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Chemical Physics Letters. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 544, p. 43-48, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.