Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rietveld analysis of mechanically activated BaCO(3)-TiO(2) system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- University of Belgrade
- Universidade Estadual de Ponta Grossa (UEPG)
- BaTiO(3) powders were prepared through mechanical activation chemistry and analyzed by Rietveld refinement with X-ray diffraction data. Raw BaCO(3) and TiO(2) powders were dry milled for 5 and 20 h and then calcinated for 2 and 4 h at 800 degrees C. The milling process was found to have broken up the BaCO(3) and TiO(2) crystals into smaller crystals and formed only small amounts ( 1.5 wt%) of BaTiO(3). Subsequence calcinations for 2 and 4 h at 800 degrees C successfully produced large amounts (>97.7 wt%) of BaTiO(3) crystals. The calcination process also generated microstrains and crystallite-size anisotropy in BaTiO(3). An increase in the calcination time from 2 to 4 h increased the BaTiO(3) weight percentage and the crystal lite-shape anisotropy, but decreased the tetragonal distortion anisotropic microstrains in BaTiO(3) crystals. (C) 2008 International Centre for Diffraction Data.
- Powder Diffraction. Newtown Sq: J C P D S-int Centre Diffraction Data, v. 23, n. 2, p. S13-S17, 2008.
- J C P D S-int Centre Diffraction Data
- X-ray diffraction
- Rietveld refinement
- mechanical activation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.