Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- New materials based on modified synthetic Nb2O5 as photocatalyst for oxidation of organic contaminants
- Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos (FINEP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG)
- Novel materials based on niobia (Nb2O5) destined to oxidize an organic compound in aqueous medium via heterogeneous photocatalysis after chemical modification were synthesized. Niobia was modified by the doping with molybdenum or tungsten and also treated with H2O2. The analysis of the products from methylene blue dye oxidation, with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, showed that the dye was Successively oxidized to different intermediate compounds. These results strongly Suggest that the oxidation of the organic dye involves oxidizing species mainly generated after the modification of the niobia with Mo or W and also the previous treatment with H2O2. (C) 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Catalysis Communications. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 10, n. 3, p. 330-332, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Synthetic niobia
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.