Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis and Study of the Photophysical Properties of a New Eu3+ Complex with 3-Hydroxypicolinamide
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- This work reports on the synthesis and characterization of a new complex of Eu3+ with the 3-hydroxypicolinamide ligand (Hhpa). Here we present an approach for obtaining bis[2-carbamoyl(kappa O)pyridin-3-olato(kappa O')] lanthanide complexes, which were characterized through elemental analysis, thermal analysis, infrared and photoluminescence spectroscopies (emission, excitation, luminescence lifetimes, quantum efficiencies, Judd-Ofelt parameters and quantum yields). Although hpa can act as a bidentate ligand in different conformations, the results attest for the occurrence of a unique coordination site of low symmetry for the Eu3+ ions, in which two anionic hpa ligands coordinate the cations through an O/O chelating system. The phosphorescence of the synthesized gadolinium complex provides the energy of the triplet state, which is determined to be at 20,830 cm(-1) over the ground state. This makes the Hhpa ligand very adequate for sensitizing the Eu3+ luminescence, which leads to a very efficient antenna effect and opens a wide range of applications for the complex in light emitting organic-inorganic devices.
- Journal of Fluorescence. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 21, n. 4, p. 1575-1583, 2011.
- Springer/plenum Publishers
- Coordination compounds
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.