Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fast sequential multi-element determination of Ca, Mg, K, Cu, Fe, Mn and Zn for foliar diagnosis using high-resolution continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometry: Feasibility of secondary lines, side pixel registration and least-squares background correction
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The fast sequential multi-element determination of Ca, Mg, K, Cu, Fe, Mn and Zn in plant tissues by high-resolution continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometry is proposed. For this, the main lines for Cu (324.754 nm), Fe (248.327 nm), Mn (279.482 nm) and Zn (213.857 nm) were selected, and the secondary lines for Ca (239.856 nm), Mg (202.582 nm) and K (404.414 nm) were evaluated. The side pixel registration approach was studied to reduce sensitivity and extend the linear working range for Mg by measuring at wings (202.576 nm; 202.577 nm; 202.578 nm; 202.580 nm: 202.585 nm; 202.586 nm: 202.587 nm; 202.588 nm) of the secondary line. The interference caused by NO bands on Zn at 213.857 nm was removed using the least-squares background correction. Using the main lines for Cu, Fe, Mn and Zn, secondary lines for Ca and K, and line wing at 202.588 nm for Mg, and 5 mL min(-1) sample flow-rate, calibration curves in the 0.1-0.5 mg L-1 Cu, 0.5-4.0 mg L-1 Fe, 0.5-4.0 mg L-1 Mn, 0.2-1.0 mg L-1 Zn, 10.0-100.0 mg L-1 Ca, 5.0-40.0 mg L-1 Mg and 50.0-250.0 mg L-1 K ranges were consistently obtained. Accuracy and precision were evaluated after analysis of five plant standard reference materials. Results were in agreement at a 95% confidence level (paired t-test) with certified values. The proposed method was applied to digests of sugar-cane leaves and results were close to those obtained by line-source flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Recoveries of Ca, Mg, K, Cu, Fe, Mn and Zn in the 89-103%, 84-107%, 87-103%, 85-105%, 92-106%, 91-114%, 96-114% intervals, respectively, were obtained. The limits of detection were 0.6 mg L-1 Ca, 0.4 mg L-1 Mg, 0.4 mg L-1 K, 7.7 mu g L-1 Cu, 7.7 mu g L-1 Fe, 1.5 mu g L-1 Mn and 5.9 mu g L-1 Zn. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Spectrochimica Acta Part B-atomic Spectroscopy. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 64, n. 6, p. 593-596, 2009.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Foliar diagnosis
- Side pixel registration
- High-resolution continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometry
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.