Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Expression of MyoD, myogenin, myostatin and Hsp70 transcripts in chicken embryos submitted to mild cold or heat
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Inst Anim Sci
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The expression of the MyoD, myogenin, myostatin and Hsp70 genes was estimated in chicken embryos submitted to mild cold (36 +/- 0.5degreesC) or heat (44 +/- 0.5degreesC) for 1 h. 2. Marked decreases in MyoD, myogenin and myostatin transcript levels were observed in embryos exposed to high temperature, contrasting to the higher expression of the Hsp70 mRNA detected in heat-stressed embryos. 3. The exposure of chicken embryos to low temperature significantly affected only the abundance of myogenin mRNA. 4. These findings suggest that myogenic proliferation and differentiation events are compromised by variations in environmental temperature during avian embryogenesis. (C) 2003 Elsevier B.V. Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Thermal Biology. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 28, n. 4, p. 261-269, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- chicken embryos
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.