Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Composição de fibras musculares esqueléticas de eqüinos jovens da raça Brasileiro de Hipismo
- Composition of skeletal muscle fibers of young Brasileiro de Hipismo horse breed
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Polo Regional de Desenvolvimento Tecnológico dos Agronegócios de Alta Mogiana
- The aim of this study was to typify the skeletal striated fibers of the gluteus medius muscle of young Brasileiro de Hipismo (BH) horses by means of histochemical analysis with m-ATPase and NADH-TR according to the sex and the biopsy depth. It was observed that the frequency (F;%) and the relative cross sectional area (RCSA;%) of the fibers type IIX were greater than the fibers type IIA, which F and RCSA were greater than the fibers type I. The comparison between sex and muscles depht, showed no significant difference in F and RCSA in the three types of fibers. The results of morphometry showed that the gluteus medius muscle has greater glycolitic metabolism and anaerobic capacity because of the presence of large proportion of type IIX fibers. This may be justified by the genetic influence of Thoroughbred in the formation of Brasileiro de Hipismo breed.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia. Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Escola de Veterinária, v. 58, n. 4, p. 672-674, 2006.
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Escola de Veterinária
- Brasileiro de Hipismo breed
- muscle biopsy
- Brasileiro de Hipismo
- Biópsia muscular
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.