Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of dipyrone in pharmaceutical formulations using ammonium molybdate as chromogenic reagent
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A simple and rapid flow-injection spectrophotometric method is reported for the determination of dipyrone in pharmaceutical formulations. The method is based on the reaction of dipyrone with ammonium molybdate in acidic medium to produce blue molybdenum, which was detected spectrophotometrically at 620 nm. The analyte was determined in a single-line flow system. The calibration curve obtained was linear in the range of 5x10(-4) to 8x10(-3) mol L-1 for dipyrone concentration and the precision ( s r =1.7%) was satisfactory. The method proved to be selective and adequately sensitive. Application of the method to the analysis of pharmaceutical samples resulted in excellent accuracy; the percent mean recoveries were in the range 95.3%-101% and relative errors less than 5.0% for five pharmaceutical formulations were found.
- Analytical Letters. Philadelphia: Taylor & Francis Inc., v. 38, n. 14, p. 2315-2326, 2005.
- Taylor & Francis Inc
- flow injection analysis
- ammonium molybdate
- pharmaceutical formulation
- blue molybdenum
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.