Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Toxoplasma gondii: isolation of tachyzoites rhoptries and incorporation into Iscom
- Univ Estadul Ctr Oeste
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Univ Londrina
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Rhoptries have been isolated from Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites by subcellular fractionation in isopynic density sucrose gradient. Five bands were observed, and transmission electron microscopy of these indicated that rhoptries were in band 3. This band had a density of 1.17g/cm(3). Fraction 1 had membrane structures of the parasite. Fraction 2 contained membranes and mitochondria (Fig. 1 B). Fraction 4 had mostly conoid structure (Fig. 2B) and fraction 5 showed ghosts. The electrophoretic and Western blotting analysis of the fractions indicated the presence of a number of proteins. Iscoms were constructed from band 3, which contained the rhoptry structures. Iscom showed a only protein incorporated of 55 kDa. Isolation of the parasite organelles has got in this work is necessary to identification, characterization, and function elucidation of the organelle proteins. (C) 2004 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Experimental Parasitology. San Diego: Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V., v. 108, n. 1-2, p. 40-46, 2004.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Toxoplasma gondii
- apicomplexan parasites
- rhoptry isolation
- rhoptry antigens
- electron microscopy
- Immunostimulating complex (Iscom)
- sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS)
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.