Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Hematology of the Red-Capped Parrot (Pionopsitta pileata) and Vinaceous Amazon Parrot (Amazona vinacea) in Captivity
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Michigan State University
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 07/59446-7
- Preliminary reference intervals for hematologic and total plasma protein profiles were determined for nine adult Red-capped parrots (Pionopsitta pileata) (six males and three females) and six Vinaceous Amazon parrots (Amazona vinacea) (two adult males, two adult females, one juvenile. and one nonsexed) from the Curitiba Zoo, Parana. Brazil. For both Red-capped parrots and Vinaceous Amazon parrots. adult males had higher red blood cell counts than adult females. Regarding white blood cell distribution, differences due to gender were also found for both species of parrots.
- Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine. Yulee: Amer Assoc Zoo Veterinarians, v. 40, n. 1, p. 15-17, 2009.
- Amer Assoc Zoo Veterinarians
- Avian hematology
- Pionopsitta pileata
- Amazona vinacea
- Red-capped parrot
- Vinaceous Amazon parrot
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.