Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Variação da atividade locomotora do ermitão Clibanarius Vittatus (BOSC, 1802) em relação à dessecação, na praia dos pescadores, em São Vicente (SP), Brasil
- Alteration of the activity of move about of the hermit crab Clibanarius vittatus (Bosc, 1802) in relation to desiccation, on the Pescadores Beach, in Sao Vicente (SP), Brazil.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The crustaceans activity of move about could alter in function of the environmental conditions. In the present study, this activity of the hermit crab Clibanarius vittatus was studied in dry and submerged areas of the intertidal region of Pescadores Beach in Sao Vicente (SP), Brazil. In both areas 110 animals (86 of dry and 24 of submerged area) were analyzed and C. vittatus show more activity in the submerged area than in the dry one. The low activity of locomotion presented when exposed to the air, can be due by the stress caused in function of the high temperature and desiccation.
- Atlantica. , v. 30, n. 1, p. 5-7, 2008.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.