Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anticorpos para Borrelia burgdorferi em indivíduos que trabalham com animais silvestres
- Antibodies specific to Borrelia burgdorferi in wild animal workers
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The occurrence of serum antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi in professionals in close contact with wild animals was determined. Seventy eight technicians workers coming from two São Paulo public institutions housing wild animals had their blood collected (serum samples). All samples were submitted to ELISA for IgM and IgG antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi. The results showed five positive (6.4%), two suspect (2.6%) and 71 negatives (91%) samples. Based on positive results it is concluded that the infection level is higher to that detected in the general population and similar to values of endemic areas, concluding that this assessed population could be considered at risk for Lyme disease.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia. Minas Gerais: Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia, v. 58, n. 5, p. 966-968, 2006.
- Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia
- Borrelia burgdorferi
- wild animals
- Lyme disease
- wild animal workers
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.