Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis and photoluminescence study of La1.8Eu0.2O3 coating on nanometric alpha-Al2O3
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work the La1.8Eu0.2O3 coating on nanometric alpha-alumina, alpha-Al2O3@La1.8Eu0.2O3, was prepared for the first time by a soft chemical method. The powder was heat-treated at 100, 400, 800 and 1200 degrees C for 2 h. X-ray powder diffraction patterns (XRD), transmission electronic microscopy (TEM), emission and excitation spectra, as well as Eu3+, lifetime were used to characterize the material and to follow the changes in structure as the heating temperature increases. The Eu3+ luminescence data revealed the characteristic transitions D-5(0) --> F-7(J) (J = 0, 1 and 3) of Eu3+ at around 580, 591 and 613 nm, respectively, when the powders were excited by 393 nm. The red color of the samples changed to yellow when the powder was annealed at 1200 degrees C. The decrease in the (D-5(0) --> F-7(2))/(D-5(0) --> F-7(1)) ratio from around 5.0 for samples heated at lower temperatures to 3.1 for samples annealed at 1200 degrees C is consistent with a higher symmetry of the Eu3+ at higher temperature. The excitation spectra of the samples also confirms this change by the presence of a more intense and broad band at around 317 nm, instead of the presence of the characteristic peak at 393 mn, which corresponds to the F-7(0) --> L-5(6) transition of the Eu3+. The lifetimes of the D-5(0) --> F-7(2) transition of Eu3+ for the samples heat-treated at 100, 400, 800 and 1200 degrees C was evaluated as 0.57, 0.72, 0.43 and 0.31 ms, respectively. (C) 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All fights reserved.
- Materials Research Bulletin. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 41, n. 10, p. 1791-1797, 2006.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.