Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A MODEL OF THE DEUTERON BASED ON A BREIT TYPE EQUATION
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A relativistic treatment of the deuteron and its observables based on a two-body Dirac (Breit) equation, with phenomenological interactions, associated to one-boson exchanges with cutoff masses, is presented. The 16-component wave function for the deuteron (J(pi) = 1+) solution contains four independent radial functions which obey a system of four coupled differential equations of first order. This radial system is numerically integrated, from infinity to the origin, by fixing the value of the deuteron binding energy and using appropriate boundary conditions at infinity. Specific examples of mixtures containing scalar, pseudoscalar and vector like terms are discussed in some detail and several observables of the deuteron are calculated. Our treatment differs from more conventional ones in that nonrelativistic reductions of the order c-2 are not used.
- Modern Physics Letters A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 9, n. 14, p. 1327-1333, 1994.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.