Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- FIBER TYPES DISTRIBUTION IN THE DIGASTRIC MUSCLE OF TUFTED CAPUCHIN MONKEY (CEBUS-APELLA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fiber types distribution in the diagastric muscle of tufted capuchin monkey was studied by means of NADH-TR, myosin-ATPase, after alkaline and acid preincubations and SDH histochemical reactions. Three different types of fibers were found presenting an equal distribution. The percentage and types of fibers were as follow: 18.2 % SO (Slow Oxydative), 38.4 % FOG (Fast Oxydative Glycolytic) and 43.4 % FG (Fast Glycolytic). FG fibers revealed the largest area. The relatively high concentration of fast twitch (81.2 %) seems to indicate this muscle is involved with the acceleration and fast speed of jaw movements. Aerobic metabolism represented by SO + FOG fibers (56.6 %) suggests that this muscle possesses an additional role than that related to the lowering of the jaw.
- Anatomia Histologia Embryologia-Journal of Veterinary Medicine Series C-zentralblatt Fur Veterinarmedizin Reihe C. Berlin: Blackwell Wissenschafts-verlag Gmbh, v. 23, n. 3, p. 226-231, 1994.
- Blackwell Wissenschafts Verlag Gmbh
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.