Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- (X)over-bar charts with variable parameters
- Costa, AFB
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Varying the parameters of the (X) over bar chart has been explored extensively in recent years. In this paper, we extend the study of the (X) over bar chart with variable parameters to include variable action limits. The action limits establish whether the control should be relaxed or not. When the (X) over bar falls near the target, the control is relaxed so that there will be more time before the next sample and/or the next sample will be smaller than usual. When the (X) over bar falls far from the target but not in the action region, the control is tightened so that there is less time before the next sample and/or the next sample will be larger than usual. The goal is to draw the action limits wider than usual when the control is relaxed and narrower than usual when the control is tightened. This new feature then makes the (X) over bar chart more powerful than the CUSUM scheme in detecting shifts in the process mean.
- Journal of Quality Technology. Milwaukee: Amer Soc Quality Control-asqc, v. 31, n. 4, p. 408-416, 1999.
- Amer Soc Quality Control-asqc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.