Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- PhotoLin: a program to identify and analyze linear structures in aerial photographs, satellite images and maps
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- University of Western Ontario
- A computer program, PhotoLin, written for an IBM-PC-compatible microcomputer is described which detects linear features in aerial photographs, satellite images and topographic maps. The program accepts images saved to PCX files as input and applies noise correction and smoothing filters and thinning routines. The output consists of a skeleton containing the median lines of linear features which can be represented on a map. The branches of the skeleton can be broken into sections of constant length for which the mean orientations are obtained for the preparation of rose diagrams. (C) 2001 Elsevier B.V. Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Computers & Geosciences. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 27, n. 5, p. 527-534, 2001.
- Elsevier B.V.
- structural geology
- Borland Pascal
- image analysis
- rose diagrams
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.