Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Electroreduction of benznidazole in dimethylsulfoxide
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The electrochemical behavior of benznidazole has been investigated in dimethylsulfoxide by cyclic voltammetry and controlled-potential electrolysis. The reduction occurs in two one-electron steps, where the first electron transfer corresponds to the reversible formation of the radical anion followed by a slow chemical reaction. The second electron transfer is attributed to the reduction of the radical anion to a dianion by an electrodic process involving a Very fast cleavage of the dianion with the formation of a lactam derivative as the principal product of reduction in aprotic medium. (C) 2001 the Electrochemical Society. All rights reserved.
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society. Pennington: Electrochemical Soc Inc., v. 148, n. 2, p. D1-D3, 2001.
- Electrochemical Soc Inc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.