Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Weak ferromagnetism in poly(3-methylthiophene)(PMTh)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ferromagnetic behaviour at 300 K has been observed from SQUID experiments in ClO4- doped PMTh, the samples were prepared electrochemically at 25 degreesC in acetonitrile with 0.1M LiClO4 and then partially reduced. Atomic absorption analysis discards magnetic particles contamination. Hysteresis curves were observed for pressed pellets in ail range of temperatures (300K-2K). The remanence at 300 K and pressed at 250 bar was around 8.06x10(-4) emu/g with coercitivity of 130 Oe. The influence of water content in the solvent during the sample synthesis and the pressure is shown. We discuss a model that explains our data in terms of the anisotropic superexchange Dziatoshinski-Moriya interaction giving rise to weak ferromagnetism.
- Synthetic Metals. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 121, n. 1-3, p. 1836-1837, 2001.
- Elsevier B.V.
- magnetic measurements
- polythiophene and derivatives
- electrochemical polymerization
- electrochemical doping
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.