Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Thermally enhanced cooperative energy-transfer frequency upconversion in terbium and ytterbium doped tellurite glass
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco (UFRPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Infrared-to-visible frequency upconversion through cooperative energy-transfer and thermal effects in Tb3+/Yb3+-codoped tellurite glasses excited at 1.064 mum is investigated. Bright luminescence emission around 485, 550, 590, 625 and 65 nm, identified as due to the D-5(4) --> F-7(J) (J= 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2) transitions of the terbium ions, respectively, was recorded. The excitation of the D-5(4) emitting level of the Tb3+ ions is assigned to cooperative energy-transfer from pairs of ytterbium ions.. The effect of temperature on the upconversion process was examined and the results revealed a fourfold upconversion enhancement in the 300-500 K interval. The enhancement of the upconversion process is due to the temperature dependence of the Yb3+-sensitizer absorption cross-section under anti-Stokes excitation. A rate-equation. model using multiphonon-assisted absorption for the ytterbium excitation combined with the energy migration effect between Yb-Yb pair, and Tb3+ ground-state depopulation via multiphonon excitation of the F-7(J) excited states describes quite well the experimental results. (C) 2003 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Luminescence. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 102, p. 762-767, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- rare earth
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.