Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Excitation spectrum for ultrafast photogeneration of charged solitons in polyacetylene
- Univ Calif Santa Barbara
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Seoul Natl Univ
- Ultrafast photoinduced absorption by IRAV modes is used to detect charged solitons in oriented polyacetylene. We find that soliton pairs are photogenerated within our time resolution of similar to250 fs with similar to100% quantum efficiency (phi(ch)). The excitation spectrum of phi(ch) shows an onset at 1.0 eV, with a weak photon energy dependence up to 4.7 eV. These results agree with the ultrafast soliton formation predicted by Su and Schrieffer and with the SSH threshold of 2E(g)/pi for soliton pair production.
- Synthetic Metals. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 135, n. 1-3, p. 445-446, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- time-resolved fast spectroscopy
- photoinduced absorption spectroscopy
- polyacetylene and derivatives
- semiconducting films
- tensile drawing
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.