Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effect of rinsing with water immediately after APF gel application on enamel demineralization in situ
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Marília (UNIMAR)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- This double-blind crossover in situ study evaluated the effect of rinsing with water immediately after the application of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) on enamel demineralization. APF application was followed by: no rinsing or consuming of liquids or solids for the next 30 min; immediately washing with water jet or drinking of a glass of water. All treatments showed a statistically significant decrease in enamel mineral loss compared to the control (p < 0.05), but the differences among treatments were not significant (p > 0.05). The data suggest that the recommendation of asking patients to refrain from drinking water following professional APF application does not seem to have an influence on the anticaries effect of fluoride. Copyright (C) 2005 S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Caries Research. Basel: Karger, v. 39, n. 3, p. 258-260, 2005.
- acidulated phosphate fluoride
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.