Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Comparison between gutta-percha and Resilon removal using two different techniques in endodontic retreatment
- Univ N Carolina
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study compared the remaining filling material and working time when removing gutta-percha/AH 26 and Resilon/Epiphany from root filled extracted teeth. The root fillings were removed using chloroform and two different rotary systems (K3 and Liberator files). The amount of residual filling material on the canal walls was imaged and measured using image analyzer software. The group filled with Resilon/Epiphany and retreated with K3 files demonstrated the least residual filling material on the walls (p < 0.05). There was no statistically significant difference between the guttapercha/AH26 and Resilon/Epiphany groups when the Liberator files were used (p > 0.05). In the groups filled with Resilon/Epiphany, the filling was removed faster than groups filled with gutta-percha/AH 26 (p < 0.05). K3 rotary system was faster than Liberator to remove both gutta-percha and Resilon (p < 0.05). Resilon/ Epiphany was effectively removed with K3 or Liberator rotary files.
- Journal of Endodontics. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 32, n. 4, p. 362-364, 2006.
- Elsevier B.V.
- endodontic retreatment
- rotary files
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.