Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A new species of Ophlomisidium (Echinodermata : Ophiuroidea) from the continental shelf and slope off southern Brazil
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A new species of Ophiomisidium is described and regards about reproduction are presented. It is the first species in the genus to posses, apparently,. a brooding development. Very few specimens of species of Ophiomisidium have previously been collected, but over 3000 specimens of the new species were collected on the continental shelf and slope (60-810 m depth) off southern Brazil. They were obtained during the REVIZEE Programme, the first extensive surveys to examine Brazilian ophiuroids from depths greater than 200 m.
- Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom. New York: Cambridge Univ Press, v. 86, n. 6, p. 1449-1454, 2006.
- Cambridge University Press
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.