Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Influence of seed particle frequency on the phase formation and on the microstructure of 0.88 PZN-0.07 BT-0.05 PT ceramic
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- The Pechini method as well as the simultaneous addition of seeds particles and dopant solutions of BaTiO3 (BT) and PbTiO3 (PT) were used to prepare the perovskite phase 0.88 PZN-0.07 BT-0.05 PT. To study the influence of seed particle frequency on the synthesis of the PZN ceramic, two ranges of seed particle size were used: the range from 30 to 100 nm, termed small seed particles (frequency of 10(15) particles/cm(3)); and the range from 100 to 900 nm, termed large seed particles (frequency of 10(13) particles/cm(3)). The crystalline nuclei size influenced the calcining process, the sintering process and the microstructure. Samples prepared with lower seed frequency displayed more amount of pyroclore phase, need higher temperatures for sintering and showed a more heterogeneous microstructure with poor dielectric properties. (C) 2000 Elsevier B.V. Ltd and Techna S.r.l. All rights reserved.
- Ceramics International. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 26, n. 7, p. 727-731, 2000.
- Elsevier B.V.
- dielectric properties
- seed particles
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.