Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Tabu search algorithm for network synthesis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Large scale combinatorial problems such as the network expansion problem present an amazingly high number of alternative configurations with practically the same investment, but with substantially different structures (configurations obtained with different sets of circuit/transformer additions). The proposed parallel tabu search algorithm has shown to be effective in exploring this type of optimization landscape. The algorithm is a third generation tabu search procedure with several advanced features. This is the most comprehensive combinatorial optimization technique available for treating difficult problems such as the transmission expansion planning. The method includes features of a variety of other approaches such as heuristic search, simulated annealing and genetic algorithms. In all test cases studied there are new generation, load sites which can be connected to an existing main network: such connections may require more than one line, transformer addition, which makes the problem harder in the sense that more combinations have to be considered.
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. New York: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc., v. 15, n. 2, p. 490-495, 2000.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- tabu search
- network synthesis
- combinatorial optimization
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.