Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efficient energy upconversion emission in Tm3+/Yb3+-codoped TeO2-based optical glasses excited at 1.064 mu m
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Efficient energy upconversion of cw radiation at 1.064 mum into blue, red, and near infrared emission in Tm3+-doped Yb3+-sensitized 60TeO(2)-10GeO(2)-10K(2)O-10Li(2)O-10Nb(2)O(5) glasses is reported. Intense blue upconversion luminescence at 485 nm corresponding to the Tm3+ (1)G(4)--> H-3(6) transition with a measured absolute power of 0.1 muW for 800 mW excitation power at room temperature is observed. The experimental results also revealed a sevenfold enhancement in the upconversion efficiency when the sample was heated from room temperature to 235 degreesC yielding 0.7 muW of blue absolute fluorescence power for 800 mW pump power. High brightness emission around 800 nm (F-3(4)--> H-3(6)) in addition to a less intense 655 nm ((1)G(4)--> H-3(4) and F-3(2,3)--> H-3(6)) fluorescence is also recorded. The energy upconversion excitation mechanism for thulium emitting levels is assigned to multiphonon-assisted anti-Stokes excitation of the ytterbium-sensitizer followed by multiphonon-assisted sequential energy-transfer processes. (C) 2001 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Applied Physics. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 90, n. 12, p. 6550-6552, 2001.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.