Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Magnetic doping in Zn7-xMxSb2O12 spinels (M = Ni and Co)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this article we present a concise report on our studies on the magnetic behavior and structural arrangements of the inverse spinel Zn7-xMxSb2O12 system (M = Ni, Co). Studies on the temperature dependence of the magnetization (M) of several samples in this system showed the occurrence of a spin-glass-like state in temperatures around 10 K. The capability of this system to hold magnetic ions in either octahedral and/or tetrahedral positions is responsible for the occurrence of competing ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic interactions. This condition is likely to cause the appearance of the observed spin-glass-like behavior. (C) 2002 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physica B-condensed Matter. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 320, n. 1-4, p. 249-252, 2002.
- Elsevier B.V.
- crystallographic structure
- magnetic structure
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.