Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structure of luminescent mono and di-urethanesil nanocomposites doped with Eu3+ ions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Tras Os Montes & Altos Douro
- Univ Aveiro
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- A structure modeling of two families of sol-gel derived Eu3+-doped organic/inorganic hybrids based on the results of small-angle X-ray scattering experiments is reported. The materials are composed of poly(oxyethylene) chains grafted at one or both ends to siloxane groups and are called mono- and di-urethanesils, respectively. A theoretical function corresponding to a two-level hierarchical structure model fits well the experimental Scattering curves. The first level corresponds to small siloxane clusters embedded in a polymeric matrix. The secondary level is associated to the existence of siloxane cluster rich domains surrounded by a cluster-depleted polymeric matrix. Results show that increasing europium doping favors the growth of the secondary domains. (C) 2002 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Nuclear Instruments & Methods In Physics Research Section B-beam Interactions With Materials and Atoms. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 199, p. 117-122, 2003.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.