Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Polyserositis in a patient with acute paracoccidioidomycosis and hepatosplenic schistosomiasis
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A severe case of juvenile paracoccidioidomycosis (PCM), manifested as cholestatic jaundice, lymphnode enlargement and an unusual form of polyserositis, associated with portal hypertension secondary to schistosomiasis, as well as bacteremias caused by E. coli and S. aureus and post-transfusional hepatitis C is reported. Temporary unresponsiveness of in vivo and in vitro cellular immune responses to P. brasiliensis were registered. The authors discuss the possible interference of either agent in the host immune response, thus explaining the severity of PCM in the present case.
- Mycopathologia. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publ, v. 130, n. 2, p. 75-78, 1995.
- Kluwer Academic Publ
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.