Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effects of lithium and myoinositol on the rat bisected vas deferens
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- 1. The effects of lithium (Li+) on the concentration-response curves (CRC) to norepinephrine (NE) and acetylcholine (Ach) on the bisected rat vas deferens (RVD) were investigated, as well as its action on the neuronal uptake of [H-3] NE.2. Li+ did not affect the 50% effective concentration (EC(50)) of NE and Ach in the epididymal (EP) portion of the RVD.3. Li+ caused a significant increase of the EC(50) to NE and Ach in the prostatic (PP) portion of the RVD. This shift to the right of the CRC to NE was prevented by the presence of myoinositol.4. Incubation of the PP of the RVD with Li+, increased the neuronal uptake of NE. The simultaneous incubation with myoinositol prevented this increase.5. After the pre-treatment of the rats with 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA), or in the presence of cocaine, Li+ failed to desensitize the PP of the RVD to NE.6. These results suggest that the effect of Li+ on the PP of the RVD occurs mainly at the pre-synaptic level and may be related to the increase of neuronal uptake and to the interference of Li+ on phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis.
- General Pharmacology. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 26, n. 8, p. 1735-1739, 1995.
- Elsevier B.V.
- smooth muscle
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.