Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Characterization and catalytic activity of 2,6-dichlorophenyl substituted iron(III) porphyrin supported on silica gel and imidazole propyl gel
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work we have made use of the study of the interaction between Fe(TDCPP)(+) and the axial ligands OH- and imidazole in order to help characterize the heterogenized catalysts Fe(TDCPP)SG and Fe(TDCPP)IPG through UV-VIS and EPR spectroscopies and thus, better understand their different catalytic activity in the oxidation of cyclohexane by PhIO. We have found out that in Fe(TDCPP)SG (containing 1.2 X 10(-6) mol Fe(TDCPP)(+)/g of support), the FeP bis-coordinates to silica gel through Fe-O coordination and it is high-spin (FeP)-P-III species. In Fe(TDCPP)IPG 1 (containing 1.1 X 10(-6) mol Fe(TDCPP)(+) and 2.2 X 10(-4) mol imidazole/g of support), the FeP is bis-ligated to imidazole propyl gel through Fe-imidazole coordination and using NO as a paramagnetic probe, we present evidence that Fe(TDCPP)(+) is present as a mixture of low-spin (FeP)-P-III and (FeP)-P-II species. This catalyst led to a relative low yield of cyclohexanol (25%) because the bis-coordination of the (FeP)-P-III to the support partially blocks the reaction between Fe(TDCPP)(+) and PhIO, thus leading to the formation of only a small amount of the active species Fe-IV(OP+, while the (FeP)-P-II species do not react with the oxygen donor. Increasing the amount of Fe(TDCPP)(+) and decreasing the amount of imidazole in the support led to the obtention of high-spin (FeP)-P-III EPR signals in the spectra of Fe(TDCPP)IPG 5 (containing 4.4 X 10(-6) mol Fe(TDCPP)(+) and 2.2 X 10(-5) mol imidazole/g of IPG), together with low-spin (FeP)-P-III species. This latter catalyst led to better cyclohexanol yields (67%) than Fe(TDCPP)IPG 1. Fe(TDCPP)IPG 5 was further used in a study of the optimization of its catalytic activity and in recycling experiments in the optimized conditions. Recycling oxidation reactions of Fe(TDCPP)IPG 5 led to a total turnover number of 201 and total cyclohexanol yield of 201%, which could not be attained with Fe(TDCPP)Cl in homogeneous solution (turnover = 96) due to the difficulty in recovering and reusing it.
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A-chemical. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 116, n. 3, p. 405-420, 1997.
- Elsevier B.V.
- imidazole propyl gel
- 2,6-dichlorophenyl porphyrin
- supported catalysts
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.