Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Alcohol effects on the principal and clear cells of the caput epididymis of albino rats
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ultrastructural observations of principal cells of the epithelium lining of the proximal caput epididymis in experimental alcoholic albino rats at 180 days of treatment showed pyknotic nuclei, ill-defined cellular organelles and clusters of electrondense bodies, perhaps lysosomes. It was also verified for a progressive accumulation of lipid droplets initially in the basal and perinuclear cytoplasm and finally in the apical cytoplasm of principal cells at 60, 120 and 180 days of experimentation, respectively. The clear cells of alcoholic rats at 180 days showed the cytoplasm totally filled with lipid droplets. These findings were taken comparatively with the morphological features of the same epididymal cells in control (normal) rats.
- Anatomia Histologia Embryologia-Journal of Veterinary Medicine Series C. Berlin: Blackwell Verlag Gmbh, v. 32, n. 1, p. 17-20, 2003.
- Blackwell Verlag Gmbh
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.