Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A column generation approach to capacitated p-median problems
- Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The Capacitated p-median problem (CPMP) seeks to solve the optimal location of p facilities, considering distances and capacities for the service to be given by each median. In this paper we present a column generation approach to CPMP. The identified restricted master problem optimizes the covering of 1-median clusters satisfying the capacity constraints, and new columns are generated considering knapsack subproblems. The Lagrangean/surrogate relaxation has been used recently to accelerate subgradient like methods. In this work the Lagrangean/surrogate relaxation is directly identified from the master problem dual and provides new bounds and new productive columns through a modified knapsack subproblem. The overall column generation process is accelerated, even when multiple pricing is observed. Computational tests are presented using instances taken from real data from Sao Jose dos Campos' city.
- Computers & Operations Research. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 31, n. 6, p. 863-876, 2004.
- Elsevier B.V.
- location problems
- capacitated p-median problems
- column generation
- lagrangean/surrogate relaxation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.