Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- In vitro allelopathic effects of extracts and amenthoflavone from Byrsonima crassa (Malpighiaceae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- State Univ Salerno
- Extracts and pure amenthoflavone isolated from Byrsonima crassa (Malpighiaceae), a shrub growing in the semi-arid region of Brazil Cerrado, were evaluated in vitro, at different doses, for their effects on tomato seed germination and subsequent growth of seedlings. A hydromethanolic extract showed general stimulatory effects. The EtOAc extract stimulated root elongation and root weight of tomato; shoot elongation was inhibited, while shoot weight was not altered. The pure amenthoflavone isolated from the plant, stimulated shoot elongation at concentrations ranging between 10(-4) M and 10(-6) M.
- Journal of Plant Interactions. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 2, n. 2, p. 121-124, 2007.
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Byrsonima crassa
- tomato seeds
- shoot weight and elongation
- root weight and elongation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.