Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efeito de Diferentes Concentrações Espermáticas sobre a Fertilidade de Éguas Inseminadas com Sêmen Eqüino Diluído, Resfriado a 20oC e Transportado
- Effect of different spermatic concentration on the fertility of inseminated mares with diluted equine semen, cooled at 20 degrees C and transported
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- One hundred and one estral cycles of 92 Mangalarga Marchador breed mares were analyzed to study the effect of different spermatic concentrations on different reproductive characteristics. The mares were inseminated with diluted equine semen, cooled at 20 degrees C and transported: T1-concentrations below 250 x 10(6) (177.58 +41.74 x 10(6) viable spermatozoa per inseminate dose), T2-concentrations between 250 and 350 10(6) sptz (315.51 +/- 20.78 x 10(6)), and T3-concentrations above 350 x 10(6) sptz (477.71 +/- 136.83 x 10(6)). The conception rates in the first cycle were 43.75 (7/16), 57.89 (11/19)and 54.55% (18/33) for treatments 1, 2 and 3,respectively. After five cycles, the conception rates were 36.00 (9/25), 44.12 (15/34) and 54.76% (23/42) for treatments 1,2 and 3, respectively. Concentrations of 177.58 +/- 41,74 x 10(6) viable spermatozoa perinseminate dose had moderate fertility index in a commercial program using cooled and transported semen.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia-Brazilian Journal of Animal Science. Vicosa-mg: Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci, v. 27, n. 4, p. 695-699, 1998.
- Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci
- spermatic concentration
- cooled semen
- transported semen
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.