Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Drying kinetics of tomato by using electric resistance and heat pump dryers
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Drying kinetics of tomato was studied by using heat pump dryer (HPD) and electric resistance dryers with parallel and crossed airflow. The performance of both systems was evaluated and compared and the influence of temperature, air velocity, and tomato type on the drying kinetics was analyzed. The use of HPD showed to be adequate in the drying process of tomatoes, mainly in relation to the conversion rate of electric energy into thermal energy. The heat pump effective coefficient of performance (COPHT,EF) was between 2.56 and 2.68, with an energy economy of about 40% when compared to the drying system with electric resistance. The Page model could be used to predict drying time of tomato and statistical analysis showed that the model parameters were mainly affected by drying temperature.
- Drying Technology. New York: Marcel Dekker Inc., v. 22, n. 7, p. 1603-1620, 2004.
- Marcel Dekker Inc
- heat pump dryer
- drying kinetics
- page model
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.