Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Estimativa do Tamanho da Primeira Maturação Sexual da Rã - Touro, Rana catesbeiana, no Sistema Anfigranja de Criação Intensiva
- Estimate of bullfrog size at first sexual maturation, Rana catesbeiana, in the intensive growing Anfigranja system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The objective of this research was to study the basic aspects of bullfrog reproduction in Anfigranja system from June 1989 to July 1990. For the 1493 animals involved in this experiment (657 males and 836 females) biometrical data were obtained (weight, length and tympanum diameter) and developmental stages of gonads were determined. Female sizes at first maturation were 10,33 cm and 109,78 g and for males it was around 8,09 cm; all males above 45 g were already in the maturation process. The relationship between tympanum diameter and body length (RTC) was considered a good index for male maturation.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia-Brazilian Journal of Animal Science. Vicosa-mg: Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci, v. 27, n. 3, p. 416-420, 1998.
- Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci
- bullfrog reproduction in captivity
- size at first maturation
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.