Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Application of liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry to the analysis of polyphenolic compounds from an infusion of Byrsonima crassa Niedenzu
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Salerno
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- A fast and reliable method, based on high-performance liquid chromatography coupled to electrospray ionization ion trap tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC/ESI-ITMS), was developed to investigate the infusion prepared from the leaves of Byrsonima crassa Niedenzu (Malpighiaceae), a native plant used in Brazil against gastric disorders. The use of on-line reverse-phase HPLC/ESI-ITMS allowed separation of three major classes of compounds and identification of over 20 very polar compounds characterized as galloylquinic acids, proanthocyanidins, and flavonoid glycosides, as well as the dimeric flavonoid amentoflavone and minor amounts of galloyl hexose and galloyl saccharose. This approach provided data that will allow establishment of a method for a future standardization of the infusion. Copyright (C) 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Rapid Communications In Mass Spectrometry. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, v. 19, n. 16, p. 2244-2250, 2005.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.