Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Morphology of the head and frontal gland in neotropical Nasutitermitinae (Isoptera, Termitidae)
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The Nasutitermitinae species are the most diverse and derived of the Isoptera. The phylogeny of this subfamily has been a point of divergence. In an attempt to solve this problem, we propose the use of the morphological features of the head, frontal gland and its associated muscles as phylogenetic characters in some Nasutitermitinae genera. Results found about the head and frontal gland morphology are discussed and suggested to be used in future systematic studies of termites.
- Sociobiology. Chico: Calif State Univ, v. 46, n. 3, p. 579-593, 2005.
- California State University
- frontal gland
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.